Wednesday, March 16, 2016

WHAT'S YOUR SUPERPOWER?

I love being around talkative small children. The world is one big wondrous learning experience and everything is possible. Superpowers, astronauts, president, firefighters, ballerinas - children dream big dreams and nothing holds them back. Adults encourage these big, childlike dreams because we want our children to fulfill their God given purpose.

As we grow though, something changes and reality has a tendency to stomp on these dreams. The responsibilities of life pile up and those big dreams are set aside or forgotten altogether. Our days are filled with concerns and challenges like our dwindling saving account, demanding work or school deadlines, health issues, children’s needs, or aging parent’s needs. I remember once as a young mom that I simply dreamed of simply getting all my young children in bed with my insanity in tack. A bubble bath?…..that was way too much to dream for. Maybe you’ve been there too.

The bible tells us that God chose us to be born in this time of history and in this place on earth for a special purpose. He knew us before we were born, and he created us with great love, molded each of our personalities, inserted all our talents, our strengths, and our weaknesses and he knows the potential we have because he place it within us. The things we have in our heart to accomplish, knowing that with God all things are possible, lay in wait for us to draw upon God’s Spirit to empower us to pursue the work he called us to do. Then, the more impossible the dream, the more we can give God the glory for getting it done.

I know. I hear your thoughts as you scrap peanut butter off the light switches or arrive late at your second job to just pay bills. How could God have chosen me to do anything impossible or great when Satan tells me there is nothing special about me? Or when other people are more important than I am; or while my children are having a meltdown in the grocery store and while my bank account is empty? Understandably, to often we let our human reasoning, day to day challenges, the facts, figures and other people’s opinions determine the fate of the special joy of fulfilling a God inspired dream.
What if we chose instead to believe God? What if we scraped off the impossibilities and explored our hearts desires and a willingness to be open to and do God what called us to do?  What if we began the journey, the small steps, to accomplish the very thing he created us for and begin to depend on God’s power to accomplish that thing? It might be to solve a great world need, but it might also be willing to be the vessel to mirror the Lord’s deep love and the gift of salvation to our children, dying parent or an unbelieving neighbor. Be assured, confident and have the courage that God has equipped you with everything you need to fulfill that purpose he placed within you. 


Whatever the dream God has placed in your heart, today I encourage you to rip the label “impossible” off. Toss out the ’I can’t do that” excuse; throw away fears and doubts and renew a childlike spirit within you. Replace it all with the thoughts of what would you do if you knew God would give you the strength to accomplish it?  Let all the talents, strengths, and potential God loving placed within your inmost being take hold, bubble out and bring glory to your God.

If the Lord has planted a seed in your heart, no matter how impossible it sounds, please take a moment to inspire other ladies and leave a comment below. Jot down your dream, or your challenge to fulfill a dream so that others may pray for you. You also can leave a bible passage that you rely upon and have found about fulfilling your purpose and God’s promises.

I will leave you with just a few bible passages to begin your journey. As you read, each time you see (****), insert your name and personalize the word of God and let God speak to you. Be empowered by God’s spirit as you read these assurances and discover your superpower. (rs)

Before I formed (***) in the womb, I knew [her];   before (***) was born I set [her] apart.    (Jer. 1:5a)
You, (***) did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you (***) ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you. (John 15:16)

For you created (***) inmost being;  you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;   your works are wonderful, I, (***) know that full well. (Psalm 139;13-14)

For (***) is God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for [me] to do. (Ephesians 2:10)

No comments:

Post a Comment